5erWest 2011 -July 23rd- Gladstone, OR

Talk about BMW E28s and the people who own them. Use Tech Talk for tech questions and topics.
SC David
Posts: 8
Joined: Jul 15, 2011
Location: Berkeley, CA
Contact:

Post by SC David »

Okay, Bay Area people, here is the caravan info:

We're going to be meeting at the end of Gilman Street in Berkeley, on the west side of 80. If you're heading north on 80, you'll take the Gilman exit and take a left, and we'll be waiting within your line of sight. In this area:

Image

We are departing at 6:30am sharp so that we will have ample time to meet the SoCal and Sac folks in Williams at 8:30am.

If you haven't already, please PM me your mobile number so that we can be in touch if need be.

Bay Area Caravan
1. David - E34 525i
2. Chris - E34 M5
3. Sheryar - E28 M5
4. Gil - E28 535is
5. Chad - E28 528e
6. Max - E34 535i
7. Juni - E28 528e
8.
9.
10.
My528e.awesome
Posts: 778
Joined: Feb 08, 2011
Location: Roseville, CA

Post by My528e.awesome »

PMed. i wasnt planing on heading up through berkeley, but we can make a slight change to meet up with you guys. :banana: a few dancing bananas for the fest :banana:
jay
Posts: 983
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Beaverton, Or

Post by jay »

I fricken love hearing about the Bay Area caravans. See you all soon!
Jake D
Posts: 2107
Joined: Jun 20, 2008
Location: Spokane, WA
Contact:

Post by Jake D »

jay wrote:I fricken love hearing about the Bay Area caravans. See you all soon!
As do I!!
Kenny Blankenship
Posts: 4942
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: NNV

Post by Kenny Blankenship »

I've confirmed I will not be bringing the 535i. Looks like I will be the ONLY E23 at the event this year (gee, at least there were two at Tedfest...).
wkohler
Posts: 50939
Joined: Oct 05, 2006
Location: Phönix, Arizona, USA
Contact:

Post by wkohler »

Well Eric, you are in a fortunate position to tell everyone that comes up to you, "If only you had worked just a bit harder..."
Jake D
Posts: 2107
Joined: Jun 20, 2008
Location: Spokane, WA
Contact:

Post by Jake D »

Kenny Blankenship wrote:I've confirmed I will not be bringing the 535i. Looks like I will be the ONLY E23 at the event this year (gee, at least there were two at Tedfest...).
We'll park you with the 6ers, so you'll feel superior. ;)
Keith
Posts: 322
Joined: May 11, 2008
Location: Pleasanton,CA-SF/Bay Area
Contact:

Post by Keith »

jay wrote:I fricken love hearing about the Bay Area caravans. See you all soon!
:bawl: .... :( ..... :facepalm:
Kenny Blankenship
Posts: 4942
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: NNV

Post by Kenny Blankenship »

wkohler wrote:Well Eric, you are in a fortunate position to tell everyone that comes up to you, "If only you had worked just a bit harder..."
...on the HVAC system... :laugh:
Jake D
Posts: 2107
Joined: Jun 20, 2008
Location: Spokane, WA
Contact:

Post by Jake D »

Just took a break from printing the 5erWest tees to say... "Hi!"
vinceg101
Posts: 5133
Joined: Jun 20, 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Post by vinceg101 »

:wave:
John SCB
Posts: 1872
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: SoCal, on the Beach.

Post by John SCB »

Hey Jake and all 5er West Champions!

Mark at Bahn Motorworks did a last minute check of all critical flight controls on my E34 before departure. I flew up to Lake Tahoe from LA in record time, truly putting the car to the test. Full on, awesome drive, beautiful weather, what more could I ask? Oh yeah, no tickets yet (knock on wood)!
:alright:

I hear it's been raining up there but it's gonna be sunny in Gladstone on Saturday..yay!
:D
wkohler
Posts: 50939
Joined: Oct 05, 2006
Location: Phönix, Arizona, USA
Contact:

Post by wkohler »

I'm so far behind.
jay
Posts: 983
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Beaverton, Or

Post by jay »

John SCB wrote:Hey Jake and all 5er West Champions!

Mark at Bahn Motorworks did a last minute check of all critical flight controls on my E34 before departure. I flew up to Lake Tahoe from LA in record time, truly putting the car to the test. Full on, awesome drive, beautiful weather, what more could I ask? Oh yeah, no tickets yet (knock on wood)!
:alright:

I hear it's been raining up there but it's gonna be sunny in Gladstone on Saturday..yay!
:D
Safe travels John! See you Saturday!
John SCB
Posts: 1872
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: SoCal, on the Beach.

Post by John SCB »

Hey Jay...looking forward to seeing you and the baby that kept you from being there on-time last year!
;)
jay
Posts: 983
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Beaverton, Or

Post by jay »

Oh ya, 5erWest 2010 Baby will be there in this ride!

Image
Jake D
Posts: 2107
Joined: Jun 20, 2008
Location: Spokane, WA
Contact:

Post by Jake D »

wkohler wrote:I'm so far behind.
YOU CAN DOOO EEET!!!!
Dinan e28
Posts: 3343
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Portland Oregon
Contact:

Post by Dinan e28 »

Jake D wrote:
wkohler wrote:I'm so far behind.
YOU CAN DOOO EEET!!!!
Im looking forward to seeing you all.
And I have so much to do.
Eta power
Posts: 1416
Joined: Mar 25, 2010
Location: Vancouver, WA

Post by Eta power »

Oh, God... so much to do, so little time.
jay
Posts: 983
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Beaverton, Or

Post by jay »

wkohler wrote:I'm so far behind.
When are you hitting the road Chris? Drive safe!
vinceg101
Posts: 5133
Joined: Jun 20, 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Post by vinceg101 »

Okay, in the middle of last minute packing and car tweaking (still).
I'm rolling out of LA tomorrow morning and since it doesn't look like anyone is meeting me here in LA/Sylmar, I'm not going to stop. Which is good as it will give me an extra hour in the morning that I no doubt will need. Planning on getting to Woodman still around 6-6:30pm tomorrow night.

See all the NorCal and the rest of SoCal crews in Williams bright and early Friday morning. I think we all have each other's cell phone numbers, so be in touch.

Safe travels everyone. See you all in Gladstone. :haul:
Kenny Blankenship
Posts: 4942
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: NNV

Post by Kenny Blankenship »

vinceg101 wrote:Planning on getting to Woodman still around 6-6:30pm tomorrow night.
I hope you mean Woodland. If you get to only Woodman we won't see you until the event is over... :laugh:
SC David
Posts: 8
Joined: Jul 15, 2011
Location: Berkeley, CA
Contact:

Post by SC David »

Can tomorrow be over with already?
BigMac
Posts: 675
Joined: Jan 16, 2010
Location: Chandler, AZ
Contact:

Post by BigMac »

Looking forward to seeing all the e28's out! I still miss mine.



Also, if anyone is in need of a 1988 528e/535i/535is/M5 Owner's Handbook, I have one available and will have it with me.

http://www.mye28.com/viewtopic.php?p=891230#891230
Jake D
Posts: 2107
Joined: Jun 20, 2008
Location: Spokane, WA
Contact:

Post by Jake D »

BigMac wrote:Looking forward to seeing all the e28's out! I still miss mine.



Also, if anyone is in need of a 1988 528e/535i/535is/M5 Owner's Handbook, I have one available and will have it with me.

http://www.mye28.com/viewtopic.php?p=891230#891230
56 were registered!! ;)
skaper
Posts: 534
Joined: Jun 03, 2011
Location: Bridge City, Oregon

Post by skaper »

PS If anyone has a front block off plate for sale... I would be happy to purchase it!
austin8753
Posts: 1553
Joined: May 16, 2010
Location: Portland, Oregon, USA

Post by austin8753 »

See y'all in the morning!
Jake D
Posts: 2107
Joined: Jun 20, 2008
Location: Spokane, WA
Contact:

Post by Jake D »

austin8753 wrote:See y'all in the morning!
YES!!
jwhiii
Posts: 147
Joined: Feb 15, 2010
Location: Hillsboro, Oregon

Post by jwhiii »

Jake D wrote:
austin8753 wrote:See y'all in the morning!
YES!!
Up a bit early Jake! See you soon.
Keith
Posts: 322
Joined: May 11, 2008
Location: Pleasanton,CA-SF/Bay Area
Contact:

Post by Keith »

Have fun guys, sucks I can't be there. Have 1 for me, well, maybe 3. ;)
Post Reply