** 5erWest 2010 ** - June 5th - Oregon

Talk about BMW E28s and the people who own them. Use Tech Talk for tech questions and topics.
Duke
Posts: 9986
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Ormond Beach, FL

Post by Duke »

I would like a XL T-shirt. Where do I send the moola?

Have a great time guys!
Jake D
Posts: 2107
Joined: Jun 20, 2008
Location: Spokane, WA
Contact:

Post by Jake D »

Duke wrote:I would like a XL T-shirt. Where do I send the moola?

Have a great time guys!
Thanks, Duke!
I'll be putting shirt order info on the 5erWest.com site next week for folks that couldn't make the show, or if I sell out on Saturday.
LandCruzer94
Posts: 2043
Joined: Jan 24, 2009
Location: Simi Valley, California

Post by LandCruzer94 »

OMG am I really leaving for Portland tomorrow? Lol I need to get busy!
ilikemybike
Posts: 697
Joined: Jan 20, 2010
Location: Portland OR

Post by ilikemybike »

Jake, will you have a medium on Saturday?
Jake D
Posts: 2107
Joined: Jun 20, 2008
Location: Spokane, WA
Contact:

Post by Jake D »

ilikemybike wrote:Jake, will you have a medium on Saturday?
I will have a few!
Mike in Seattle
Posts: 1562
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Maple Valley, WA

Post by Mike in Seattle »

I will be leaving the Tukwila area Friday evening after work. (5:00 PM) If anyone else is heading down from the Seattle area on Friday night, let me know and maybe we can caravan down.
seerden6
Posts: 66
Joined: Oct 18, 2007
Location: Seattle

Post by seerden6 »

Wow, I really admire you guys who are driving those loooong distances. I'm just north of Tacoma, and for some reason I'm sweating the drive! Not sure why, I guess it's just the half empty side of me. My car has been sitting in the garage since my Memorial day wash job, which is good because it has been raining like crazy here.
BTW, I'm heading down sometime Friday afternoon with my wife and daughter Hannah, who happens to turn 12 on 5erWest day!
Eta power
Posts: 1416
Joined: Mar 25, 2010
Location: Vancouver, WA

Post by Eta power »

I'm pumped for Saturday and also hoping to meet lot of you guys from MyE28.com. So if you see some teenager taking a long gaze at your car... it might be me.


Even though my car isn't attending I'm still going to wash it before Saturday.


Alsooo....... I'm taking a list of all the guys that are attending and will be checking of the ones I get to meet. :D
Last edited by Eta power on Jun 06, 2010 8:28 PM, edited 2 times in total.
wkohler
Posts: 50941
Joined: Oct 05, 2006
Location: Phönix, Arizona, USA
Contact:

Post by wkohler »

Eta power wrote:I'm pumped of Saturday and also hoping to meat lot of you guys from MyE28.com.
Uhhhh, I don't swing that way...
Mike W.
Posts: 27991
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: California Whine Country

Post by Mike W. »

Kenny Blankenship wrote:Grrrrr...I've had a minor disaster tonight. On the way home the the "engine oil" check panel light came on. I babied the car the extra mile to my house, opened the hood and found engine oil all over the alternator and around the oil filter canister. I couldn't tell what happened, though I'm guessing a busted hose. If it can't get fixed in time, looks like I'll have to take another car, either the somewhat ratty Euro 735i or possibly the M7. That could mean no AC on the trip...

Mike, we'll have to have extensive conversations about my '82 when I see you... :D
Take the M7, I really want to see that car!!! Hmm, an 82 E23? I've got some rare parts for it... In case you don't already have them.
LandCruzer94
Posts: 2043
Joined: Jan 24, 2009
Location: Simi Valley, California

Post by LandCruzer94 »

wkohler wrote:
Eta power wrote:I'm pumped of Saturday and also hoping to meat lot of you guys from MyE28.com.
Uhhhh, I don't swing that way...
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Can't wait to meet you guys too!
Eta power
Posts: 1416
Joined: Mar 25, 2010
Location: Vancouver, WA

Post by Eta power »

That is what I get for not proofreading very well/not at all. :oops:
ilikemybike
Posts: 697
Joined: Jan 20, 2010
Location: Portland OR

Post by ilikemybike »

LandCruzer94 wrote:
wkohler wrote:
Eta power wrote:I'm pumped of Saturday and also hoping to meat lot of you guys from MyE28.com.
Uhhhh, I don't swing that way...
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Can't wait to meet you guys too!
Too?!?!?!! Awesome! I get to meet someone new and someone who'll be meating me. I'll be getting more outta this weekend than I bargained for!

Just finished up last of three long steps in the wax job. Clay, metallic polish/cleaner that my dad gave me (instructions in German), and the final carnuba wax. I forgot that there is a touch of purple in the Royalblau metallic when the light hits it just right. Gorgeous! My arms are gonna be sore.
BigMac
Posts: 675
Joined: Jan 16, 2010
Location: Chandler, AZ
Contact:

Post by BigMac »

I'll be heading down early Saturday morning with a group from Tacoma. Looking forward to meeting some of the folks from here as well.
ilikemybike
Posts: 697
Joined: Jan 20, 2010
Location: Portland OR

Post by ilikemybike »

OFFICIALLY SICK OF CLEANING MY CAR!!!!
LandCruzer94
Posts: 2043
Joined: Jan 24, 2009
Location: Simi Valley, California

Post by LandCruzer94 »

Officially done with my work day! Time for me to start cleaning!
LandCruzer94
Posts: 2043
Joined: Jan 24, 2009
Location: Simi Valley, California

Post by LandCruzer94 »

So it looks like I don't have a place to sleep anymore as my local friend backed out. Anybody have extra floor space in their hotel room/etc? I can compensate in cash and/or beer.

Just don't be a creeper... lol
Jake D
Posts: 2107
Joined: Jun 20, 2008
Location: Spokane, WA
Contact:

Post by Jake D »

Kyle, post up your request on the 5erWest forum.

http://www.nwbmwforums.com/viewforum.ph ... 37ad99c932
mtnman533
Posts: 1599
Joined: Oct 02, 2008
Location: Los Gatos, CA

Post by mtnman533 »

woohoo, just finished cleaning (not a super serious clean), vacuumed the int. and washed/waxed the ext. :). Leaving early tomorrow morning, with the bay area caravan... can't wait to meet all you guys.
Jake D
Posts: 2107
Joined: Jun 20, 2008
Location: Spokane, WA
Contact:

Post by Jake D »

Just wanted to let you guys know... I'll be away from a computer most of tomorrow. See you soon!!

I'm printing shirts. Yay!
vinceg101
Posts: 5138
Joined: Jun 20, 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Post by vinceg101 »

Jake at al:
Wishing you guys have an awesome time this weekend. As much as I wanted to, events transpired that I could not drive up there for this. It's been more than impressive to see you take this event by the horns; it's bound to be a success.

Can't wait to see photos and threads on this. I want/need a shirt and sticker.

No matter what, no matter where next year's is, I'm there.

Everyone drive safe and have a blast.
Jake D
Posts: 2107
Joined: Jun 20, 2008
Location: Spokane, WA
Contact:

Post by Jake D »

vinceg101 wrote:Jake at al:
Wishing you guys have an awesome time this weekend. As much as I wanted to, events transpired that I could not drive up there for this. It's been more than impressive to see you take this event by the horns; it's bound to be a success.

Can't wait to see photos and threads on this. I want/need a shirt and sticker.

No matter what, no matter where next year's is, I'm there.

Everyone drive safe and have a blast.
Thanks, Vince!
Check the 5erWest.com site next in the next week or so. I hope to be able to offer shirts for one more run, then that's it.
It's 11:50pm and I need to go change my oil.
I hope I get some sleep tonight. I still have a 350mi trip to PDX to look forward to tomorrow. Yaaawwwnnn.
LandCruzer94
Posts: 2043
Joined: Jan 24, 2009
Location: Simi Valley, California

Post by LandCruzer94 »

I'm about to start the trip myself!
MacBudd541
Posts: 19
Joined: Jul 26, 2009
Location: Eugene, OR

Post by MacBudd541 »

Sadly, I had to sell my e28 last month but I will be there in my e39. if it dries up today I might give it a good cleaning. Looking forward to this first big meet of the year. If you see the purple on purple (aubergine) 540i/6 feel free to say hello.
-Mac
jay
Posts: 983
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Beaverton, Or

Post by jay »

My wife went into labor at 3am this morning. Doesn't look like I will be able to make it. I am going to ask Joe from BayBimmerz to drive my car there. I didn't spend all that damn time cleaning for it to sit in the garage.

Have fun. Someone save me a shirt!
Jake D
Posts: 2107
Joined: Jun 20, 2008
Location: Spokane, WA
Contact:

Post by Jake D »

jay wrote:My wife went into labor at 3am this morning. Doesn't look like I will be able to make it. I am going to ask Joe from BayBimmerz to drive my car there. I didn't spend all that damn time cleaning for it to sit in the garage.

Have fun. Someone save me a shirt!
Congrats!!
Next year.
Dinan e28
Posts: 3343
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Portland Oregon
Contact:

Post by Dinan e28 »

jay wrote:My wife went into labor at 3am this morning. Doesn't look like I will be able to make it. I am going to ask Joe from BayBimmerz to drive my car there. I didn't spend all that damn time cleaning for it to sit in the garage.

Have fun. Someone save me a shirt!
I'm glad I didn't call ya yesterday, Jay.
Congrats.
Jake D
Posts: 2107
Joined: Jun 20, 2008
Location: Spokane, WA
Contact:

Post by Jake D »

Big thanks to everybody!! I had a great time meeting you all and getting to nose around some really cool cars.

Congrats to you if you won something!

Best of Chassis awards went to:
WH for his e12 Alpina
Dinan e28 for his superclean e28
John SCB for his beautiful e34 Alpina
Enjoy those plaques, fellas!!

Wkohler wins for furthest distance travled to attend this event! Congrats. I owe you some gas $!! I think the estimate was about 1,300mi ONE WAY to get here.

Also a huge thanks to my sponsors for the great prizes!
PLEASE go to each of their webpages and give them some "hits"!
MacBudd541
Posts: 19
Joined: Jul 26, 2009
Location: Eugene, OR

Post by MacBudd541 »

I had a great time, great weather and cars!

Image

Image

Image
Mike W.
Posts: 27991
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: California Whine Country

Post by Mike W. »

Ah yes, a very good time was had and many thanks to Jake for all his work on putting it together. I thought it was near perfect, E28s dominated but there was a splash of lots of stuff, a gorgeous E3 that reminded me so much of my old one, except it was never that nice, Eric's, AKA Kenny B, AKA Marathon Man's euro E23, a couple of E21 323i's, in including one that had some real scoot to it as I found out following it on the drive, a handful of E34s including John SCB's pristine 535, some E39s including my wife's touring and even a couple of newer ones whose e's I don't have down yet. Pics to follow when I get home.
Post Reply