Who's Ready For St. Paddy's Day In San Diego?!!

Talk about BMW E28s and the people who own them. Use Tech Talk for tech questions and topics.
Post Reply
OcCoupe
Posts: 3228
Joined: Aug 21, 2010
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Contact:

Post by OcCoupe »

L_N_Love wrote:Boys and the beags...don't leave the girls out. ;)



Image
She was nice.
AT8M5
Posts: 1224
Joined: Oct 06, 2010
Location: 2sun, AZ

Post by AT8M5 »

Mab1957 wrote:Ever the gentleman, Karl! :D
Yes Matt, I do have scruples, afterall. :lol:

Karl
Karl Grau
Posts: 9742
Joined: Mar 10, 2006
Location: 1930's Germany

Post by Karl Grau »

OcCoupe wrote:She was nice.
The life of the party. Can't remember her name though.
AT8M5
Posts: 1224
Joined: Oct 06, 2010
Location: 2sun, AZ

Post by AT8M5 »

Karl Grau wrote:
OcCoupe wrote:She was nice.
The life of the party. Can't remember her name though.
Bunny?

Karl
ElGuappo
Posts: 8138
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Sacramento, CA
Contact:

Post by ElGuappo »

Are we gonna have any kind of swap meet?

I have tons of stuff to bring down if we are.

Besides the stuff I have already commited to bring for certains peoples.
Karl Grau
Posts: 9742
Joined: Mar 10, 2006
Location: 1930's Germany

Post by Karl Grau »

We're not doing an auction but I would say, by all means, bring any parts you want to get rid of.
formula1_euro
Posts: 42
Joined: Oct 18, 2008
Location: San Diego

M-tech steering wheel

Post by formula1_euro »

If anybody has a good m-technic steering wheel (fine spline) they would like to sell and bring down to SD. Lemme know!
OcCoupe
Posts: 3228
Joined: Aug 21, 2010
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Contact:

Re: M-tech steering wheel

Post by OcCoupe »

formula1_euro wrote:If anybody has a good m-technic steering wheel (fine spline) they would like to sell and bring down to SD. Lemme know!
I have one and I am happy to bring it with me.
formula1_euro
Posts: 42
Joined: Oct 18, 2008
Location: San Diego

Post by formula1_euro »

Great! Bring it down. I'm looking for one in very good condition for a reasonable price. Thanks!
MLastovo
Posts: 1543
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: San Diego, CA AKA The Best Coast

Re: M-tech steering wheel

Post by MLastovo »

OcCoupe wrote:
formula1_euro wrote:If anybody has a good m-technic steering wheel (fine spline) they would like to sell and bring down to SD. Lemme know!
I have one and I am happy to bring it with me.
I too have one (A few inches of stitching is starting to separate but I think a little well placed glue should stop any issue.) and I will have a CRAP load of odds and ends (spoilers/wheels/interior/euro bumper stuff/etc.) available.

Please don't ask for info on what I got. I am FAR from done assembling the car and I am off to Boston at 6:00AM Monday which don't leave me much time for nothin' but production.

Your best bet is to join in the event and who knows, you may go home with some rare trinket(s).

I can say that Farrah will be going home with someone. Stay tuned.

r/
D.
formula1_euro
Posts: 42
Joined: Oct 18, 2008
Location: San Diego

Post by formula1_euro »

FYI. I'll be going to Cars&Coffee in the AM Saturday morning if anyone is interested. I'll be heading up around 6am to be there at 7, then we'll head down to SD for the Paddy's Day show.

For those coming down the day of, why not stop at cars and coffee first.

We could make it an e28 day at C&C!
RonP
Posts: 3581
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Sunset Beach, California
Contact:

Post by RonP »

Darin,

Please find my Farrah mug!
OcCoupe
Posts: 3228
Joined: Aug 21, 2010
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Contact:

Post by OcCoupe »

RonP wrote:Darin,

Please find my Farrah mug!
Ron, I got excited all over your Farrah mug, not sure if you want it anymore.
RonP
Posts: 3581
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Sunset Beach, California
Contact:

Post by RonP »

I got so hammered last year that I forgot it at Darin's.
MLastovo
Posts: 1543
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: San Diego, CA AKA The Best Coast

Post by MLastovo »

RonP wrote:Darin,

Please find my Farrah mug!
Can you describe it?
D.
RonP
Posts: 3581
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Sunset Beach, California
Contact:

Post by RonP »

Can you describe it?
Yes, it is brown with Farrah on the front. It most likely has the inners full of Blood Mary mix. :laugh:
Karl Grau
Posts: 9742
Joined: Mar 10, 2006
Location: 1930's Germany

Post by Karl Grau »

RonP wrote:
It most likely has the inners full of Blood Mary mix. :laugh:
I think they all do, could you be more specific?
Kenny Blankenship
Posts: 4942
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: NNV

Post by Kenny Blankenship »

ElGuappo wrote:Are we gonna have any kind of swap meet?

I have tons of stuff to bring down if we are.

Besides the stuff I have already commited to bring for certains peoples.
I am also bringing a small box of parts that which don't have much use for me.

There are several things I could use:

1. A good gas cap (I had an extra but then lost one on the E12 so I had to use it for that car).

2. A set of 5-8 mm spacers. It would be nice if it was a good quality set.

3. A good used E36 M3 cat and resonator.

My hotel has been reserved!
dcollin
Posts: 1017
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Napa, CA

Post by dcollin »

I've got like 3 gas caps Eric. I will pack 1 for you.

I've also got a ton of stuff too. I may be riding with Jay in his seven w/ limited room.
MLastovo
Posts: 1543
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: San Diego, CA AKA The Best Coast

Post by MLastovo »

Who’s ready for…?
Well, after fixing a no start issue this AM on the ‘Debut Car’ I don’t know how I am going to make it.
There is still much of the interior not installed the trunk is dissembled, the deck spoiler is not on, the amps, CD changer and sub is on the bench and I leave at 6:00AM tomorrow for Boston. I may be bolting stuff on as I leave for Spanish Landing on Saturday.

r/
D.
///BBX
Posts: 182
Joined: Apr 10, 2010
Location: Murrieta, C.a.

Post by ///BBX »

Sounds like fun.

I'll show up if I remember...

Somebody bring some mint condition black or charcoal carpet please and reserve it for "Blythe" please?

I also need a drivers side rear taillight if anyone has one...
wkohler
Posts: 50939
Joined: Oct 05, 2006
Location: Phönix, Arizona, USA
Contact:

Post by wkohler »

Darin has a super sexy drivers tail light available.
John SCB
Posts: 1872
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: SoCal, on the Beach.

Post by John SCB »

MLastovo wrote:Who’s ready for…?
Well, after fixing a no start issue this AM on the ‘Debut Car’ I don’t know how I am going to make it.
There is still much of the interior not installed the trunk is dissembled, the deck spoiler is not on, the amps, CD changer and sub is on the bench and I leave at 6:00AM tomorrow for Boston. I may be bolting stuff on as I leave for Spanish Landing on Saturday.

r/
D.
No worries D...she'll be right. Oh yeah, bring your umbrella or canopy for the cast of thousands:

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/S ... A+USCA0982
vinceg101
Posts: 5132
Joined: Jun 20, 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Post by vinceg101 »

John SCB wrote:
MLastovo wrote:Who’s ready for…?
Well, after fixing a no start issue this AM on the ‘Debut Car’ I don’t know how I am going to make it.
There is still much of the interior not installed the trunk is dissembled, the deck spoiler is not on, the amps, CD changer and sub is on the bench and I leave at 6:00AM tomorrow for Boston. I may be bolting stuff on as I leave for Spanish Landing on Saturday.

r/
D.
No worries D...she'll be right. Oh yeah, bring your umbrella or canopy for the cast of thousands:

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/S ... A+USCA0982
Maybe, maybe not; we'll keep an eye on it this week:
http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/fin ... diego%2Cca

Darin: Not to worry, you have an army of volunteers at your disposal.
Devinder
Posts: 810
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Berkeley, CA

Post by Devinder »

Posted: 07 Mar 2012 09:36    Post subject:
I still can't believe that Raj is coming! I think it was 2004 or 2005 when he was here last. Now what about Bryan Wilby? I thought he was going to show up now that Amy had a new job??? And, where is Devinder in all of this? I am pretty sure the last time I spoke with him that he was coming.
Yes Ron, Suz and I are coming down. We're planning on leaving Friday morning, but if everything works out we may come down Thursday. Thank you Charles for adding us to the guest list. I've been a little busy lately with Darin's car. He's resorted to shipping portions of car around the US for others to finish up for him. I hear he's hiring a professional project manager to take over for him next week.

I thought I was slow since I only figured out last month that Karl Grau is Charles. Now I hear about Kenny Blankenship ... is there anything else I should know?

I have one parts request. I need a right-side tweeter housing. The window tint guy broke mine.

Hoping for sun -- just finished installing the E38 sunshade in time for sunny San Diego. See you guys soon.
Devinder
Posts: 810
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Berkeley, CA

Post by Devinder »

if not too late:

1) Jeff B. XL qty2
2) Chas XL qty2
3) Peter XL qty2 L qty2
4) Chad 3Xl qty1
5) Mike B 2XL qty1 M qty1
6) OldSkool XL qty1
7) vinceg101 M qty1
8) Corner Carver XL qty2
9) 524tdAviator M qty1
10) Jay3 2xl qty 2
11) 1st 5er 2XL qty1
12) 1st 5er M qty1
13) Kenneth Blankenship IV XL qty 1
14) n00dle L qty 1
15) John SCB XL qty1
16) John in VA XL qty 1
17) RP XL qty 1
18) L_N_Love 2XL qty 2
19) aaront XL qty1
20) Cactusjacks 2XL qty 1
21) AT8M5 XL qty 2
22) AT8M5 L qty 1
23) Kurt XL qty 1
24) Darrin 2XL qty 1
25) Antony XL qty 1
26) Ron535i XL qty 1
27) 528elover L qty1
28) Devinder M qty 2
RonP
Posts: 3581
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Sunset Beach, California
Contact:

Post by RonP »

The weatherman is calling for rain Friday, Saturday, and Sunday! WTF????
Karl Grau
Posts: 9742
Joined: Mar 10, 2006
Location: 1930's Germany

Post by Karl Grau »

The weatherman is an idiot (thank you for not saying meteorologist). I've said it a billion times, weather reports in SoCal are meaningless until 24-48 hours beforehand .
1st 5er
Posts: 21966
Joined: Jun 13, 2008
Location: Cypress
Contact:

Post by 1st 5er »

They have been know to lie. :laugh:
ElGuappo
Posts: 8138
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Sacramento, CA
Contact:

Post by ElGuappo »

Screw this rain nonsense.
Just in case I can bring down my EZ Up.
Post Reply