Anyone looking for a RHD Alpina B9?

Talk about BMW E28s and the people who own them. Use Tech Talk for tech questions and topics.
Post Reply
Ben
Posts: 1214
Joined: Mar 10, 2006
Location: New Haven, CT

Anyone looking for a RHD Alpina B9?

Post by Ben »

Hennarot Alpina B9 on UK eBay

Could be a nice example for someone in the states to purchase and bring over here, being that it's a 1982 car, and the 25-year exemption applies.

Edit - Now that I look more closely, the BIN price is only $6400 US! That looks like an amazing deal. Wish I had the cash.
bmwm3n528
Posts: 1715
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Hickory, NC

Post by bmwm3n528 »

Definitely not a bad deal, looks as if there's some corrosion issues...Not that this should be a surprise knowing their climate.

Very cool combo though, this 25 year exemption is really awesome, look forward to taking advantage of it.
Al Canuck
Posts: 658
Joined: Feb 12, 2006

Post by Al Canuck »

Wow, that would look spectacular beside my Zinno right hand drive 323i. Too bad I have no money for more cars right now.

Al
johnnye23
Posts: 5059
Joined: Sep 27, 2006
Location: Auburn Ca
Contact:

Post by johnnye23 »

I was messaging Tusker about some other stuff and he advised me it was a Fake and all the UK guys knew about it.Sorry , but Damn its a good looking car for sure . :shock:
Ben
Posts: 1214
Joined: Mar 10, 2006
Location: New Haven, CT

Post by Ben »

Damn, thats a bummer for sure. I knew the price was hiding something...
Trisman
Posts: 8
Joined: Jun 11, 2007
Location: London, UK.

Post by Trisman »

I've been a long-term occasional lurker here on Mye28.com, 'bout time I posted summut!!

Image

The B9 linked-to (& pictured) above is the real-thing & it has been discussed a lot on UK boards...

It was owned by a guy who contributes to 'TOTAL-bmw' Magazine & he did a lot of work to it.

The one that is, ummm... doubtful is a B2.8 'Alpina' :roll: with 17k miles that was also on UK eBay very recently.

THIS! is the doubtful one!

It seems to have sold for around $22,600, so if it is a fake, (as seems very likely) someone is going to be a little unhappy.... :bawl:
Tusker
Posts: 1435
Joined: Feb 12, 2006

Post by Tusker »

Thanks Tris, I was just about to put the record straight. With no access to ebay and bmw5 at work coupled with a crap memory, I got the two mixed up in a pm to Johnny.
johnnye23
Posts: 5059
Joined: Sep 27, 2006
Location: Auburn Ca
Contact:

Post by johnnye23 »

Tusker wrote:Thanks Tris, I was just about to put the record straight. With no access to ebay and bmw5 at work coupled with a crap memory, I got the two mixed up in a pm to Johnny.
Sorry guys , Damn this makes this car even nicer though . Thanks for setting us straight . As stated earlier, stunning car . Did you guys get anyone local to bid on it Tusker ?
Last edited by johnnye23 on Jun 19, 2007 9:29 AM, edited 1 time in total.
Tusker
Posts: 1435
Joined: Feb 12, 2006

Post by Tusker »

Not for me - way too expensive. :laugh:
Post Reply